As you know I have been working away in London for the last 5 weeks trying to get my head around a new computer system in order to train hundreds of Prince’s Trust staff how to use it. Well this week, that training started in earnest when I trained some of our staff alongside the lovely Laura from Dundee. I had the first day jitters initially, but by the second day they settled down and we ended up having a really good couple of days.
I have been doing IT Training for about 15 years on and off, but this is the first time I have ever trained people on a system I didn’t know inside out. But the fact that it seemed to go ok and the feedback was good, has given me so much confident that I feel good about the sessions I am doing solo next week.
Actually, next week sees me going to Leicester for the week and as I have never been I am interested to see what it’s like. I am going on my own, which means 4 x nights in the Ibis Leicester, but I am back on Thursday night so it’s not too bad.
Also, this weekend is our last “free” weekend before the Christmas hoopla kicks in.. namely:
- My brother-in-law’s birthday breakfast (not Christmassy, but yanno.. still lovely)
- Family Christmas Fayre at Newton-le-Willows Family & Community Centre on the 2nd December
- Newton-le-Willows Christmas Markets on the 3rd December
- WI Christmas Party on the 8th December
- Phoenix Apparel Christmas Fayre at St Helens Town Hall on the 9th December
- Christmas Concert in Mesnes Park on Wednesday 13th December
- I finish work for 2017 on the 15th December!!
So lots to look forward to and I think that this weekend I might pick up my vlogging camera. I have really neglected my YouTube Channel over the last couple of months due to work things but as Christmas approaches and VLOGMAS tickles my creativity – I think it’s time to start filming.