So today is 2nd April 2016 and so far this year the world has lost the following high profile people:
- Ronnie Corbett, 85, Entertainer – Motor Neurone Disease
- David Bowie, 69, Musician – Pancreatic Cancer
- Terry Wogan, 77, Broadcaster – Cancer
- Denise Robertson, 83, Agony Aunt – Pancreatic Cancer
- Garry Shandling, 66, Comedian – Heart Attack
- Paul Daniels, 77, Magician & Entertainer – Brain Tumour
- George Martin, 90, Beatles producer – Natural Causes
- Lemmy, 70, Musician – Prostate Cancer
So I am now wondering, what the flipping heck is going on?!?!?!? We are only 3 months into the year after all and it seems that the older generation of entertainers are struggling to stay with us. Some of these people shaped the very fabric of my childhood and so I was genuinely sorry when I heard they had passed away. I particularly loved both Ronnie Corbett and Terry Wogan, they seemed very jolly men and both featured heavily on my TV in my teenage years and both made me laugh – a lot.
So I just hope that everyone else is looking after themselves and staying away from cliff edges and clotted cream.
Come on 2016 – let’s give us some lovely news… no more now!