So it seems that Video Call Quizzes have become a real thing whilst we are all confined to our houses and in my house, we have hosted 4 so far.
So just in case, you were looking for new quiz questions or rounds, I thought I would share the ones we have been using. Hope you enjoy and happy Quizzing!
Quiz 1 – Easter Lockdown Quiz
Round 1 – General Knowledge
You can download the question sheet from here: Easter Quiz 2020
- Which veteran actress links Queen Victoria and James Bond (Judi Dench)
- In technology, what does the abbreviation VCR stand for? (Video Cassette Recorder)
- Which poet described a Host of Golden Daffodils (William Wordsworth)
- What is the city-state called where the Pope lives? (Vatican City)
- What colour do you get, if you mix together Pink and Blue? (Purple)
- Whereabouts on your body are your Molars? (Your mouth)
- Who was the 1st man on the moon? (Neil Armstrong)
- Who is the current 1st lady in America (Melania Trump)
- During World War II there was an American Airbase in the North West of England. Where was it? (Burtonwood)
- What nationality is Pop Sensation Justin Bieber? (Canadian)
Round 2 – Famous Faces
Send images of the following people and the players have to put them in Age order.
- Beyonce (38)
- Phillip Schofield (58)
- Oprah (66)
- Billy Connolly (77)
- The Queen (93)
Round 3 – Split into 2
For quiz teams with anyone under 70 in their team
- Find something purple.
- Find something that is older than the youngest person in your team.
- Find something sparkly.
- Find something with the number 1 on it.
- Find something that you didn’t have before lockdown.
Round 3 – For the over 70s – The 1970s
- In 1972, which swimmer won 7 gold medals at the Munich Olympics? (Mark Spitz)
- Who was Astronaut Steve Austin also known as (The Bionic Man/The Six Million Dollar Man)
- Which Swedish pop group won the Eurovision Song Contest in 1974? (ABBA)
- Why was Evil Knievel made famous in the 1970s (American Stuntrider)
- What year did Elvis Die? (1977)
Round 4 – Connect the Answers
This round has 5 questions and each of the answers is linked together by a common theme. Answer all the questions correctly and then guess the theme.
- What do you call it when you wrap up wool? (Ball)
- Another word for when someone is making a lot of noise (Racket)
- Something you might do when you greet a King or Queen ( Bow)
- Which animal uses sonar to navigate (Bat)
- What is a shortened version of the word Internet? (Net)
Theme – Things you use to play sport.
Round 5 – What are these Nursery Rhymes?
- HDSOAW (Humpty Dumpty Sat on a Wall)
- TBM (Three Blind Mice)
- TGODOY (The Grand Old Duke of York)
- HDD (Hickory Dickory Dock)
- JAGWUTH (Jack and Gill went up the Hill)
Quiz 2 – Lockdown Quiz
You can download the Quiz Sheet from here: Lockdown Quiz
Everyone will need a piece of paper and a pen.
- There are 5 rounds.
- 1 x Picture and People Round (5 pts)
- 1 x General Knowledge Round (10 pts)
- 1 x specialist subject round (5 pts)
- 1 x Picture and Places (5 points)
- 25 points max.
Round 1 – Picture Quiz
WhatsApp 5 x pictures to everyone, one at a time.
- Ed Sheeran
- Mo Farah
- Claudia Winkleman
- Ed Sheeran
- Michelle Obama
Google a relevant picture and save them on your phone. Give the answers at the end of the round.
Round 2 – General Knowledge
(Ask these questions directly and give answers at the end of the round)
- How many sides does an Octagon have? (8)
- What is the capital of Wales? (Cardiff)
- What is Focaccia? (A Type of Bread)
- Which football team plays at Carrow Road? (Norwich City)
- In which city in America are the Bellagio and the MGM Grand? (Las Vegas)
- Which TV programme featured the cafe, Central Perk? (Friends)
- In Snooker, how many points is the black ball worth? (7)
- What is the French word for Bread? (Pain)
- In 10-pin bowling, what is it called when you knock all 10 pins down? (A Strike)
- Who is the Prime Minister of Canada? (Justin Trudeau)
Round 3 – Specialist Subject
If your quiz participants are in teams, you can ask each team to pick a relevant specialist subject. If they aren’t, you can ask for people to vote on which subject they want the next 5 questions to be on.
- Social Media
- Pot Luck
Social Media Questions
- Which social media platform has a white ghost as it’s the logo? (Snapchat)
- On which social media platform are you limited to 280 characters? (Twitter)
- Which social media platform is the movie “The Social Network” about? (Facebook)
- Which social media star competed in Strictly Come Dancing in 2018? (Joe Sugg)
- Which YouTuber has the most subscribers? (PewDePie)
- What city should have hosted the Summer 2020 Olympics? (Tokyo)
- What is a Birdie in Golf (-1 par)
- What sport is Michael Bisping known for? (MMA)
- In which sport do teams compete for the Stanley Cup? (Ice Hockey)
- In which race does Bechers Brook appear? (The Grand National)
- Can you identify this fish (to be WhatsApp), Rainbow, Trout
- What is a reel used for in fishing? (Stowing Fishing Wire)
- Which Angler presents the Tv Programme “Total Fishing” (Matt Hayes)
- What is the name of the industry magazine that is popular with people that like to fish? (The Angling Times)
- In Fly Fishing, what is used as bait to catch a fish? (An artificial lure/ fly)
- In retail, what is a BOGOF deal? (Buy one get one free)
- Which retailer is TK in the UK and TJ in the US? (Tk/TJ Maxx)
- Which online retailer was started by Jeff Bezos? (Amazon)
- What is the name of the Shopping Mall in Sheffield, which is similar to The Trafford Centre? (Meadowhall)
- For Jennifer’s 30th birthday, Gill got her a handbag. Which city was she shopping in when she bought it? (New York)
Pot Luck – Goodies & Baddies
- Which planet is Dr Who from? (Gallifrey)
- In the James Bond Films, which animals were the villains traditionally pictured stroking? (A Cat)
- In the Marvel comics, what is Thor’s nasty brother called (Loki)
- In the Wizard of Oz, where was the witch from that wanted to steal Dorothy’s Ruby slippers? (The West)
- Who was Superman’s alter ego? (Clark Kent)
Final Round – Pictures and Places
Name the following places
- Wembley Stadium
- The Liver Buildings, Liverpool
- The Eiffel Tower
- The Houses of Parliament
- The Statue in Mesnes Park, Wigan (Sir Francis Powell)
Google a relevant picture and save them on your phone. Give the answers at the end of the round