Since we moved to Newton-le-Willows we have been introduced to some lovely places to go for a walk. So I thought I would show you where we walked, so if you fancied a stroll, we could show you where you could go.
Walk: Mesnes Park to Red Bank
Distance: 1.75 miles / 2.8 km (approx)
Time: 40 mins.
Going: Mostly solid paths, with some slightly muddy areas after wet weather.
- This walk starts at the Ranger Station in Mesnes Park in Newton-le-Willows.
- If you are standing near the entrance to the Ranger Station with the swings in front of you, turn right and walk on the path towards Park Road.
- Exit the park, via the green gates and turn right onto Park Road, heading towards the bridge.
- You will need to use the crossing closest to the bridge, as onces it’s safe, you will be walking on the road under the bridge to the pavement on the opposite side of the road.
- Once crossed over, turn immediately left and go up the tarmac path, with the railway line on your left hand side.
- Keep going until you hit a T-junction in the path and take the right hand tarmac path.
- Keep going along this tree lined path until you will come to another split, where the path goes into 3. Take the right hand path and continue walking.
- Follow this path round and you will eventually come to section where you are facing a large double metal gate, which is the cemetery.
- Bear left before you get to the gate and follow the path until you reach an ornate metal bridge.
- Go over the bridge towards the field and turn left. Follow this path, heading towards the railway bridge.
- Go under the bridge and walk towards the farm buildings, but before you reach them, follow the path around to the left.
- Walk to the main Road, passing some horses on your left.
- At the main Road, turn left onto Winwick Road.
- The next left turn is Red Bank Farm Shop & Cafe.
- The end.